Friday 9 September 2011

Changing Times

It is no secret that I am something of a Luddite. My laptop is practically an antique and runs about as slowly as I do. Our family computer used dial-up internet until very recently. My phone was state of the art. When I bought it about four years ago. And I was happy with it. In fact I looked upon "smart phones" quite disdainfully. After the iPhone exploded onto the scene a couple of years ago, I realised that they seemed only to make already annoying people even more annoying. Whilst not being sucked into the Apple vortex, Boyo did, however, feel the need for a "smart phone". Having seen the number of replacements he has had and the number of times he's had to reset the system over the past year, I saw no reason for me to get one. I didn't want my conversations to be dominated by apps and updates and Androids, and was quite happy living in my own little world with texts and phone calls being the height of sophistication. Until about three weeks ago, when my faithful pink friend decided to give up the ghost.
After a relatively painless trip to the phone shop, I ended up with this baby:
 I was instantly converted. Without sounding like one of "those" people, I love it. I do not claim to know much about it, nor do I use it to its full capacity, but I do know it is rather brilliant and is the phone that Apple are having a paddy about because it's too similar to their beloved iPhone. Looks like I went phone shopping at just the right time!
The first task was to make a nice case:
Clearly I have my priorities sorted. Then I came to the trivial things like making the actual phone work.
Whilst Father Dear might beg to differ, my life has not been taken over by apps. In fact the only ones I am interested in are the photography related ones. I have never been very impressed by phone cameras before, but this one has changed my mind. 
Not too shabby, eh?
Now, I have got some apps but am not entirely sure how legal they are so I won't mention the names. I have got a couple so far, and they allow you to add different effects to your photographs. 


these are just a couple of my attempts so far, I have not experimented too much but am looking forward to seeing what I can create. Who knows, maybe I will stop using my camera and rely on my phone. Ha, no that is a joke, I will never become that obsessed.
This said, I am pleased with myself for joining the Real World and am in need of only a minimal amount of technical support next time I see either Mr Boring or Boyo. Now all I need is a job so I can afford to pay the contract on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment