Tuesday 27 September 2011

Making Things (Mostly A Mess)

Unemployment is horrible. That is a fact. It is soul destroying and misery inducing and above all, BORING. Whilst I am doing my utmost(ish) to get a job, I have had to find some way to fill my time. I could tidy my room, but that is uninspiring. I could teach myself a new language, but I am still not quite ready to get back on the learning bandwagon. So instead, I have become something of a craftaholic. It's like I can't stop. It is a lot of fun, so long may it continue!
I made a "Get Well" card for my Grandad after his second hip replacement. The combination of origami and hydrangeas brought back happy memories of going to Japan.
 I made a case to keep my needles safe, because keeping them in here is infinitely better than finding them on the floor on a semi-regular basis.
 I made a drawstring bag to keep my ribbons in. Because everyone needs one of these, right?
 I made a drawstring bag from two old dresses and an old shirt (mostly just to practise on my new toy, to which I will devote a whole post one of these days!)
 I made a wreath of autumn leaves because I am obsessed with autumnal colours at the moment.
 I embellished a top for the same reason.
 I made some earrings because I couldn't remember the last time I made any jewellery
I made some hair slides because it's always nice to have flowers in your hair.
 And last but not least, I have made loads of soup (this one is butternut squash and toasted sweetcorn) because all that crafting is hungry work!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, you asked me about the lobster fabric on my blog. Well, my friend got it in a fabric shop (Komolka) in Vienna. But you may find some similar fabric online too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruz


    I am Erika from TravelerVoice, a new social network for travel bloggers.

    I just found your blog and I really like how you described your stories in Austria with beautiful pictures and assertive comments! It's exactly the kind of writing we are looking for our Living abroad section, so please feel free to register :)

    I am looking forward to hearing from you :)

    Cheers,
    Erika.

    www.travelervoice.com

    ReplyDelete