Tuesday 20 September 2011

A Little Family Jaunt

Uh oh, bad blogging times of late. I am not sure why, but I haven't written anything! This is from a LONG TIME AGO, well I started it ages ago anyway. Here we go...

It has been a long time since the whole family have been in the same country for long enough to do anything together, let alone go on holiday! So, when we were reunited for a whole five days, we jumped at the chance to go away to Norfolk, for old time's sake.
Yes, that's right. I went CAMPING. And enjoyed it!
In my youth (because I am sooooo old) I was not a fan. Actually, I think it was more caravans that I didn't like. Now I have grown up a bit I am more accepting of things like deflated airbeds, chirping birds and waking up at 3am with cold feet, despite wearing three pairs of socks. It was officially BLISS.

First stop was Thornam. It is gorgeous. I can no longer compete with the latest addition to the Coates Family Camera Collection, but I am still happy with what mine can do:

We passed several pleasant evenings of good, wholesome, family fun:

I love sunflowers. A lot. Partly because they are happy and lovely, but mostly because they remind me of this. A happy, lovely childhood memory.

Norfolk is beautiful.


Mr Boring and I had an excellent time scavenging. We picked (and ate) many berries.

There is nothing quite like a pint of delicious cider outside a country pub.

Cley is a gorgeous village, but some parts are a little weird:
I don't know why, but the sky in Norfolk is much bigger than everywhere else. It is just so massive. Everywhere you look, there are tiny things surrounded by a huge expanse of (if you're lucky) blue.

Burnham Overy Staithe is a family favourite. Mum and Dad like it because it is beautiful. Mr Boring likes it for its photographic potential. Me? I like the little boy with crabs.
You are never too old to indulge in a bit of a silly photoshoot:
And that was it, our delightful, if a little brief family holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment